MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Why do we love Alex?

View Single Post

Old 04-08-2005, 03:28 AM   #43
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why do we love Alex?

Because he has won 17 titles and 7 of them are hardcourt titles!
Because he beat Agassi twice in American hardcourt finals: Indianapolis 1998 and Washington 2000.
Because he's won 2 TMS: Rome and Indian Wells!
Because he beat the "talent guy" Moya in the year end championships in 1998.
Because he beat the 7-time Wimbledon champion on grass in America in DC 2002.
Because he won a bronze medal with Costa in the doubles of Sydney 2000.
Because he called Sampras a "monster" for winning 7 Wimbledons and himself only a "mon" for winning 3 Gstaads!
Because he is well-respected and loved in Europe, North America, and South America, and he can still get wildcards.
Because he has given a lot back to the sport by serving on the ATP Player Council for many years during the height of his career.
Because he has principles!
Because he charmed even the French Open crowd with his speech as runner-up to Moya in 1998.
Because he wishes he could dance like Shakira.

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis

Last edited by RogiFan88 : 04-08-2005 at 03:46 AM.
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote