MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Nick Kyrgios - Yes He Canberra

View Single Post

Old 04-26-2013, 04:54 AM   #206
country flag n8

n8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nick Kyrgios - Yes He Canberra

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyOz View Post
Can't say I agree.
IMO Nick needs to gain as many points this year whilst he has the opportunity. Not over playing of course, and of course looking after his body.
The more points he wins, the better chance he has of gaining entry into higher ranked tournaments and of being seeded in tournaments.
Get the points whilst he has none to defend, then let the process of training, coaching and tournaments look after the points and ranking next year.
He's just played the last 3 weeks (including 2 doubles). Roland Garros qualifying starts May 21st, then he has Roland Garros juniors and Wimbledon juniors not far from that. Plus I wouldn't be surprised if he plays an event or two between the two junior Slams. I think he's pacing himself well. As Southend Aussies points out, he's already put 1 and 3/4 feet in the door of multiple wild cards in next year's Australian summer of tennis so he won't even need a much higher ranking for those.

There's also a series of events in Asia towards the end of the year, both at ATP and Challenger level, that may be a good option, even if he has to play qualifiers. He's played a bit in Asia in the last six months (also won a Grade A junior event in Japan in October) and could use that experience to his advantage.
n8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote