MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Eliminate the Permaban - Jelena

View Single Post

Old 04-23-2013, 02:15 AM   #57
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Eliminate the Permaban - Jelena

My arguments (most probably been brought up):

Users are given a substantial amount of warnings and tempbans prior to a permaban, why waste your time constantly removing a particular member's posts and keep warning them over and over. Some just can't handle being online maturely.

Uh who would this removal of permabans actually help here? Most, if not virtually all MTF members have no worry about getting permabanned. Look at the permaban list and tell me who was actually a truly constructive member. None of them. Yes, they have added plenty of constructive things, but they were cancerous for the most part, I don't think in terms of the community in general, that any of them were necessarily wrongfully permabanned.

Slasher's ban suggestion is really not that much different from the ban time frames that are in place now. Plus, 2+ years is effectively a ppermaban in my opinion.

E: what I feel has stupidly happened especially with many of the newer members, is that no one seems to pay attention or remember how many times a problematic member has gotten warned or temp banned. Clay Death for example, since everyone is obviously mentioning him, was given many warnings and infractions on top of several temp bans yet people act like his permaban was randomly given out of the blue... this just goes with my first point, users are given plenty of time to change their ways, not sure how you WOULDN'T justify for a permaban for many of these users after so many tries.

Last edited by HKz : 04-23-2013 at 02:20 AM.
HKz is offline View My Blog!