MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Are Western "first world country" lives seen as more valuable by the media?

View Single Post

Old 04-17-2013, 12:06 AM   #55
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are Western "first world country" lives seen as more valuable by the media?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mug View Post
Yes, the bombing received moderate coverage in newspapers, which tend to cover more issues. But for an event of this significance not to get mentioned on numerous TV broadcasts is bewildering, especially considering the fact more people died and got injured than the Boston Marathon.
Well, I can't help what your country's media chooses to cover.

I think here in the U.S. it's understandable that the Boston marathon is getting more coverage.

Actually I would advise that you stop watching television news because it is skewed by the availability of video. You'll get a more balanced view through the print media, but the choice is yours.

Also I edited to add a more in depth story that might interest you,
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote