MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - 2 explosions at Boston Marathon, UPDATE: at least 3 dead, 144 injured

View Single Post

Old 04-16-2013, 04:11 PM   #52
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2 explosions at Boston Marathon, UPDATE: at least 2 dead, 23 injured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesar1844 View Post
This is a board populated by Western posters in Western countries. Do you think that people in Western countries are better able to relate to things that happen to Americans, or things that happen to Iranians and Syrians?

People are more emotionally affected by stuff that hits closer to home. It's human nature and has nothing to do with media bias.
I don't know why that poster isn't getting coverage of the events in Syria in her country. This morning after reading her post, I opened my most recent copy of the news magazine I subscribe to, and it opened to the center of the magazine where there was a two page picture of a street in Aleppo with pictures and a story on the following pages. Here in the U.S. I read stories about Syria every week at the very least.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote