MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - 2 explosions at Boston Marathon, UPDATE: at least 3 dead, 144 injured

View Single Post

Old 04-16-2013, 01:02 PM   #40
country flag ssin

ssin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2 explosions at Boston Marathon, UPDATE: at least 2 dead, 23 injured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
And I would reply that if something of the sort happened in Brussels and I knew people who were killed, you'll honestly have to say you don't care because it's a thousand miles away from where you are, and I'll be alone in grief. That's the way it is.
What if it happened in Brussels and you didn't know the people who were killed? Would it be the same, and you wouldn't care at all?

If you would care, why is that? Remember you don't know them, so why then?

If something like that would be different, that is, you would care about that if it happened in Brussels, than you should accept more easily the idea that there are people who feel at home at many places in the world, (this is not such a big place anymore) just like you feel Brussels is your home.
Unlike the old times, we can connect with remote places and events, however to truly connect with people will take some more time.
ssin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote