MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Is the world getting better?

View Single Post

Old 04-16-2013, 01:03 PM   #44
country flag Orka_n
Banned!

Orka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is the world getting better?

The rights for women are slowly improving and equality overall is going in the right direction I think.

But is the world getting better? Hardly. I spoke to my grandfather a while ago. He said the biggest difference now and when he was young, is that back then they had hope. They had solidarity, they were going to build a better world post WW2, a safer world. They felt they had a purpose. But these days, young people think about nothing but themselves and their selfish ambitions. The egoism world wide is as big as ever if not growing. Also I see some in this thread think religion is a threat and treating people as slaves etc is of course messed up. But if you want to look at it that way, atheism gives people neither hope nor purpose either.

The human population is exploding but not the economy nor the environment can handle it. The world is slowly falling.

Last edited by Orka_n : 04-16-2013 at 01:08 PM.
Orka_n is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote