MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Maggie Thatcher died today

View Single Post

Old 04-09-2013, 04:02 AM   #79
country flag PorkBarrel

PorkBarrel has a reputation beyond reputePorkBarrel has a reputation beyond reputePorkBarrel has a reputation beyond reputePorkBarrel has a reputation beyond reputePorkBarrel has a reputation beyond reputePorkBarrel has a reputation beyond reputePorkBarrel has a reputation beyond reputePorkBarrel has a reputation beyond reputePorkBarrel has a reputation beyond reputePorkBarrel has a reputation beyond reputePorkBarrel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Maggie Thatcher died today

Kind of before my time, I only caught the tail end of the 80s. Credit for being the first woman PM but she was so polarising that she may well have pulled up the ladder when breaking the glass ceiling.

The unions dug their own grave with Scargill to some degree but in her single-minded desire to crush them, she seemed oblivious to the social/human cost of her policies. Selling off council houses and not replenishing the stock, leaving large swathes of the country with no industry...the aforementioned cover ups with the police. scoobs summed it up best in saying that while she may be dead, Thatcherism has mutated and lives on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fujee View Post
The death of another human being should never be celebrated.
+1

I wasn't shouting from the rooftops when Bin Laden snuffed it. I find both sides of the spectrum distasteful - the Tory eulogising as well as those who are dancing on her grave.

Tsonga, Wawrinka, Haas, Janowicz, Thiem, Llodra, Evans, Stepanek
PorkBarrel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote