MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Miami SF - Ferrer hindrances Haas out 4-6 6-2 6-3

View Single Post

Old 03-31-2013, 01:51 PM   #278
country flag Sophitia36

Sophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Miami SF - Ferrer hindrances Haas out 4-6 6-2 6-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by latso View Post
First set he's grunting normally during his shot, then second set it's another story, best illustration is the point for Ferrer to win the second set at ~2.50 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKszU8T0hCA

His grunt is at the moment of Haas' contact with the ball, which imho is partially the reason for him to shank it.

From there on the highlight doesn't reflect the real situation, they switch too fast an there's barely anything on the second and first half of third sets.

You can see though how there is no grunting at all when the guy is leading 4-3, 5-3 etc.

He grunts only when he needs to. Just despicable.

The second set winning point is describing perfectly what was happening for half the match, but isn't on the highlight.
Are you sure you haven't been unconsciously looking for an excuse to start despising Ferrer? Because really, I swear, the grunting (even the delayed grunting) has always been there.
And no, he doesn't do it all the time, but he doesn't do it only when he loses, either. He does it when he's tense, so sometimes it's when he's under pressure and losing, or sometimes, it's when he's winning but playing at his maximum level.

I truly don't think Haas was bothered by his grunts. Anyway, if he had been, he could have said so and ask the umpire to give Ferrer a code violation. Ferrer may be generally respected by other players, but he has never been particularly protected by umpires, so I don't see why Haas would be afraid to complain if he had legitimate grounds for complaint.

If anything, I thought the guy in the audience who was constantly bellowing as if he had been attending a heavy metal gig was far more of a nuisance than Ferrer in terms of noise (and he was doing it during points, too, sometimes).
Sophitia36 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote