MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Change of banning rules debate

View Single Post

Old 03-30-2013, 03:50 AM   #159
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Change of banning rules debate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
Your ad hominem attacks on the moderators are derailing this thread, not it being moved to whatever subforum or all this juvenile nonsense about moderator "powers."

Moderators are cops, enforcing rules that they did not create. This thread was created to discuss bans and specifically the permaban. There's nothing wrong with looking at existing rules/laws and seeing if they can be made better. It's not an "attack" on anyone; no system or community is perfect -- there's always room for improvement. Slasher and others are trying to make MTF better. You're just using all this as a platform to take shots at moderators.
Using big words whose meaning you don't really know is not any more effective than using demonstrably false clichés like 'rules are rules'. There's nothing ad hominem about my contributions in this thread, not to mention that criticizing is not the same as attacking: the problem most people have is not with the rules, but the moderators. Basically, no set of rules will ever be good enough the way the forum is moderated.

Also it's kind of interesting that Slasher, one of those people 'trying to make MTF better' actually agrees with me and backed me up, both in this thread and via rep. Oh well, at least amidst all the nonsense and quasi ad hominens (well not really, but using big words randomly for effect is cool anyway, it seems), you accidently stumbled upon the real problem here: moderators are cops. They are not supposed to be cops. You're basically admitting that their current 'job' is redundant, meaning you basically wrote an entire post calling me out but then reaching the same conclusion.

Last edited by Mark Lenders : 03-30-2013 at 03:57 AM.
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!