MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - ATP-ITF Calendar/Schedule Suggestions, Shorter Season

View Single Post

Old 03-29-2013, 08:35 PM   #1462
country flag GasquetGulbis

GasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond repute
Default My Calendar Rearrangement

I've been thinking about the concept of adding a fifth major, which I'm all for, but it's all the little details, so I'm going to give you guys my personal opinion and wait to be ripped apart.

Firstly, the 5th major should be on clay to make the sport more even
Secondly, it needs to be at an event with history.

So I'm thinking. Monte Carlo. And here's how my ATP calendar would look

March
1st Week: Indian Wells (1 week event)
2nd Week: Miami (1 week event)
3rd Week: Davis Cup (used as rest for most players)
4th Week: Some clay 250's

April
April 1-7: Some more clay 250's
April 8-21: Monte Carlo
April 22-28: Barcelona and Romania
April 29-May 5: Estoril and Munich

May
May 6-12: Madrid Masters
May 13-19: Rome Masters
May 20-26: Nice and Dusseldorf
May 27- : Roland Garros

Basically take out 2 weeks of hard court masters, add an extra week to Monte Carlo, plus an extra week which most top players will use as breaks.

In terms of Top Player commitment, they'll all play Indian Wells and Miami, maybe skip Davis Cup, use 1 of the next two weeks to rest (or both), play 2 weeks at Monte Carlo, probably use both of the next two weeks to rest then the regular May schedule.
GasquetGulbis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote