MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - The "Who plays tennis?" thread

View Single Post

Old 03-25-2013, 11:29 PM   #85
country flag MichaelKrep

MichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "Who plays tennis?" thread

My game peaked at U-14 level. Probably because I stopped going to practice after that (other priorities). Anyway, here is a summary (I am a leftie, by the way):

First serve: I hit it quite flat and can get a lot of pace, but not a lot of variety and placement.
Second serve: consistent, but not a lot of pace or kick to it.
Forehand: main weapon from the baseline, love to get a lot of angle on it when going cross court and surprise a guy who is planted behind the baseline or just close my eyes (not literally) and go for the down-the-line winner.
Backhand: trying to switch from two-handed to single-handed at the moment. A lot of power when I hit it early enough, but when the ball comes in with decent pace can't always get the control right.
Volleys and overheads: main weakness. Combined with the fact that I'm 5'8'', I tend to not rush the net.
Footwork: needs a lot of work, mainly because I play only occasionally and can't get a good rhythm going.
Mental side: used to choke sometimes when playing competitively, not so much nowadays, because I play very few matches of importance.

Grigor Dimitrov Newest Member of Top 10
Jo-Wilfried Tsonga | Marcos Baghdatis

Andy Murray | Alexandr Dolgopolov | Milos Raonic
Pistol Pete

Last edited by MichaelKrep : 03-25-2013 at 11:46 PM.
MichaelKrep is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote