MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Delpo 2013 CHEERING THREAD

View Single Post

Old 03-19-2013, 08:53 PM   #105
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Delpo 2013 cheering thread- Indian Wells next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt60 View Post
Sorry but after winning that first set and up a break in the second I had great hopes. So yes a long shot after playing 2 days in a row and all the exhaustion that went with it. My hope is that he would tank Nadal's games but try to hold his own and win the second set. However I knew it was over the moment Nadal broke back to even it out at 3 all. Defining moment and all that.
And personally I think he deserved to win this title. This is not to distract from Nadal who stepped up and figured out what to do as the great champion and fighter that he is. I do agree that this was a defining moment for JM though.
He definitely deserved it but oh well, beating the grinding trifecta at the top of the game in back to back to back days was too tough an ask, especially while struggling with pain in his wrist. I'm sure we haven't seen the last of him, far from it.

Here's an encouraging stat for every JMDP fan: in the last 10 matches against the current top 4 - so Djokovic, Nadal, Federer and Murray - his record is 5-5 (2-4 vs Djokovic, 0-1 vs Nadal, 2-0 vs Federer, 1-0 vs Murray), not bad at all, looks a lot more like his 2009 record than his post surgery one. It's an encouraging sign with the clay season coming up soon.
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote