MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - How does your nervousness/anxiety affect your tennis game?

View Single Post

Old 03-18-2013, 10:23 AM   #5
country flag cmarshall7

cmarshall7 has a reputation beyond reputecmarshall7 has a reputation beyond reputecmarshall7 has a reputation beyond reputecmarshall7 has a reputation beyond reputecmarshall7 has a reputation beyond reputecmarshall7 has a reputation beyond reputecmarshall7 has a reputation beyond reputecmarshall7 has a reputation beyond reputecmarshall7 has a reputation beyond reputecmarshall7 has a reputation beyond reputecmarshall7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How does your nervousness/anxiety affect your tennis game?

The tips I use, that I also use with the players I coach are:
-Develop goals for each match that are outside of "winning"
-Get a good team around you that is able to encourage you (and not just help you how to hit a good forehand) - anyone can show you how to play technically well, but if the teams not in your head supporting you, you aren't going out there and hitting that great forehand shot you practiced in training
-Play like you are ahead.
-Practice breathing exercises on court.
-Realise that winning a tennis match isn't life or death. there's life outside of tennis, so enjoy the opportunity you have to compete at the highest level.
-there's plenty more but that's a start
cmarshall7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote