MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Monte Carlo and Hamburg

View Single Post

Old 03-26-2005, 03:04 AM   #3
country flag Gigan

Gigan has a reputation beyond reputeGigan has a reputation beyond reputeGigan has a reputation beyond reputeGigan has a reputation beyond reputeGigan has a reputation beyond reputeGigan has a reputation beyond reputeGigan has a reputation beyond reputeGigan has a reputation beyond reputeGigan has a reputation beyond reputeGigan has a reputation beyond reputeGigan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Monte Carlo and Hamburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterQ
Monte Carlo and Hamburg are the only two large tournaments Andre has not won.

He has Olympic Gold, all 4 majors, a year-end championship, and the other 7 Tennis Masters Series tournaments.

He hasn't played these two tournaments in many years, but if I were Andre I would go this year. Admittedly his chances of winning a clay masters series at this point are very slight, but it seems like it's always worth a try. He apparently prefers Rome when it comes to his schedule --- but he already won that one!

Any thoughts on this? Do you think he will continue to skip MC and Hamburg?
I think yes!
At this period of his career. It is more difficult now to concentrate on tennis
for Andre than it was earlier.
He has a nice family, he needs more time to spend with kids and steffi, he is older now and he won already every general tournament man could win...
There is no special stimulus for him...
He will try to win some GSs... and will not spend so much time on minor tournaments...i think...