MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Rising Francesco vol. 18 - Betty on her way to 100k posts

View Single Post

Old 03-17-2013, 03:43 PM   #2360
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rising Francesco vol. 18 - open for posters who took a break

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
Joe, you don't have to be amazingly clever like everyone makes out you have to be to go there, you just need to work hard and make the right decisions with the application!

Indeed, Oxford and Cambridge are great places. Beautiful, in fact. Funnily enough, I'm visiting Cambridge for four days this week, staying inside the colleges.
Yeah you're right, you don't have to be amazingly clever, but I don't think I'd ever be able to push myself hard enough to get to the standards they need for entry. I mean, not to be cocky here, but I do consider myself intelligent in a way, but I think I've always struggled to apply myself when it comes to School etc.... I haven't done extremely bad by anyone's standards, but I was always content with what I got in terms of grades, usually B's and C's, and I never aimed higher when looking back on things I know if I had aimed higher and maybe revised properly I would have done so much better. I think part of it was down to always letting work get on top of me, and when I worked my ass off in an exam and got a worse result than I thought I'd get, I'd put myself down rather than re applying myself to do better the next time.

Enjoy your visit to Cambridge, not had the chance to visit there, and don't know much about it, but I'm sure it's great.

But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!