MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Rising Francesco vol. 18 - Betty on her way to 100k posts

View Single Post

Old 03-16-2013, 10:26 PM   #2238
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rising Francesco vol. 18 - open for posters who took a break

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
9kP per semester?
I think it's per year, but I'm not sure, nor do I care exactly how much it is. The thing I care about is the government going out of their way to make education more expensive, when Britain as a country is in desperate need of talented and well-educated people coming through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing Man Frank View Post
Sure, but when you're 18, sitting on your backside with seemingly no prospect of getting a job and you know Uni is a real option it's hard to ignore even if you know it's not the right decision.

I did my A levels 5 years ago. Whilst my grades are crap, A levels are a joke. I was sitting with clowns doing Media Studies, Sociology and Psychology bragging about their 2 A's and a B as if they were worth the same as someone taking Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics. It's not as if A levels are hard either is it? They are worthless.

I wasn't overly bothered about the tuition fee rise. The only effect that it will have is stopping those that are half-hearted about the prospect of Uni from going (me for example) and stopping others from doing Mickey Mouse courses and using Uni as an excuse to have a piss-up for 3 years.

Those that are serious about going can get their courses paid for and only have to pay it back in incredible small chunks once they are earning a decent wage.
Media Studies is a joke for sure, as is Sociology. Psychology is okay, but certainly not one of the more taxing A Level courses.

Yes, you are right about the maximum tuition fee rise having benefits, but I think it has come at the wrong time. In the current climate, we need to make it easy enough for anyone talented enough to get to university, no matter their financial constraints, without the hassle of this revamped and over-complicated tuition fee loan system.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!