MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - 2013 Fall Season, Regroup! Allez!

View Single Post

Old 03-14-2013, 08:11 PM   #667
country flag mike s.

mike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2013 Spring US Hardcourts, Allez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalaland View Post
Yes, wasting a perfectly good draw is very annoying. On the other hand, bcos he was so bad this tournament, I felt it's quite a relief that he actually earned 90 pts . He said in the paper that the high bounce in IW doesn't suit him. He's hoping to do better in Miami. I'm tempted to say that he can't possibly do worse than in IW, then again, he probably can . Since Fed w/d, he'll be seeded 12th and play 5-8 in R16, he has 50% chance of getting a favorable draw in that round. But of course he needs to survive the early rounds to get there. And then after Miami is DC, as usual, i don't want him to get picked. But recent experience told that he actually played well the weeks following DC if he's part of the selected. So in that sense, I don't mind so much if he got called to go to Argentina (as back up of course, he won't be playing no matter). Then again, giving the current situation, Carine pregnant and all, I do think he needs that week off...Ok, I'm looking too much ahead.
Can you post the article about the match?
I would say that Gilles has a 75% chance of getting a good draw in Miami. Delpo, Berdych, and Tipsy are all good match-ups for him which means he'll probably get Tsonga