MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - ***Fernando's ATP tournament archives, part 1***

View Single Post

Old 03-24-2005, 12:20 PM   #92
country flag lizabeth..*

lizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "Fernando KICKS @SS" Miami Thread

Meanwhile, with Ferrero waiting out the suspension of a match he would quickly finish, flashy Fernando Verdasco, one of Los Galacticos (big stars) of Spanish tennis, had just beaten the rain and was in the clubhouse, celebrating his seventh victory of the season and talking excitedly about what could be a blockbuster rematch on Friday with Andy Roddick on the stadium court.

"Maybe he win. Maybe I win. But I know now I can win," said Verdasco, whose popularity in Madrid, buoyed by his romance with a famous TV personality, transcends his tennis.

He and Roddick, who possess two of the most powerful forehands in the game, went to a third-set tiebreak in a captivating slugging match a week ago in the second round at Indian Wells, Calif., and so it wasn't surprising that Dean Goldfine, Roddick's coach, was out on Court 7, scouting the Spaniard's 6-4, 7-5 victory over Peter Wessels.

Verdasco's face was lit up as if it was Christmas after this victory, and it had as much to do with getting another shot at Roddick as having reached the second round.

"I know it will be close," he said in his still-developing English.

"But for me, it's possible to win."

GOOD LUCK

Fernando Verdasco | Paul-Henri Mathieu | Richard Gasquet

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga | Marat Safin | Juan Carlos Ferrero | Carlos Moya | David Nalbandian | Mathieu Montcourt | Nicolas Mahut

lizabeth..* is offline View My Blog!