MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Rafachat - Vol. 80: Another great year for our great champion! :D

View Single Post

Old 03-13-2013, 03:12 PM   #1218
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafachat - Vol. 80: It's comeback time baby!!! :rocker2:

It's possible, sure. But most engineers, consultants,...have to deal with people from outside the company and thus, the language rule applies.

Maybe if that consultant works for the NATO or the EU and mostly works within what is basically that international context with English as the leading language but that's still not a given in every situation. If I contact the NATO or the EU here in Brussels, it doesn't take long to get somebody on the phone who speaks Dutch.

If you're outside the NATO or the EU, you learn Dutch or go elsewhere. I hear many expats in shops in Brussels who speak French or Dutch. It's not often not fluent, it's rough around the edges, it's with an accent (an Irish person who speaks French makes for a cute accent) but they do bother learning it.

That law applies to jobs, not every citizen who lives here.
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote