MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - WWW IW R3 Janowicz vs. Gasquet

View Single Post

Old 03-11-2013, 02:56 PM   #38
country flag Xam'd

Xam'd has a reputation beyond reputeXam'd has a reputation beyond reputeXam'd has a reputation beyond reputeXam'd has a reputation beyond reputeXam'd has a reputation beyond reputeXam'd has a reputation beyond reputeXam'd has a reputation beyond reputeXam'd has a reputation beyond reputeXam'd has a reputation beyond reputeXam'd has a reputation beyond reputeXam'd has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WWW IW R3 Janowicz vs. Gasquet

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuri27 View Post
Great start of season? well, not so much if you look at the opponents he's faced.
The only top player he's faced was Tsonga and he got beaten pretty easily (and Tsonga hardly played his best in that match).
I watched almost all of Gasquet's matches this year and honestly, there isn't much improvement in his play comparing to last few years and the same big weaknesses subsist (rally FH, not fast enough).
Only real improvement is his mental toughness.
You are right that he doesn't have wins over top players, but season start was good regardless, getting many wins, maybe you just have way higher expectations over him than me? I mean I never thought he would beat Tsonga and he beat everyone else early season, so he won maximum I think, how is that anything but great start? Anyway, I wouldn't be so sure Jerzy in current form (if this guy in zone just hits on with great accuracy and consistency, haven't seen that so far tbh...)will be more of a test than Nieminen or Benneteau was for example, so IF Richie can play like then it should likely be enough to clinch win.

Last edited by Xam'd : 03-11-2013 at 03:03 PM.
Xam'd is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote