MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Rafachat - Vol. 80: Another great year for our great champion! :D

View Single Post

Old 03-11-2013, 01:21 PM   #1133
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafachat - Vol. 80: It's comeback time baby!!! :rocker2:

Euro-English vs native English.
Many Frenchies dislike the domination of the English language with a passion and many Frenchies overrate the importance of their language but there's no way back.

As good as your English can be, if it's not your native language and you use another language on a day-to-day basis, you still have a disadvantage during negociations and such; which native speakers often underrate IMO. Fast-thinking is so much easier in your day-to-day language, no matter how at ease you are with a certain language.

Reminds me of an argument I saw in the English press when the UK's deputy prime minister Nick Clegg had a meeting with the EU president Van Rompuy in Dutch. A journalist for the Telegraph (very anti-EU as a newspaper) figured that Clegg used Dutch as a tactic in meetings because Cameron doesn't speak it. and many spoke scandal of Clegg's " dirty tactics", whereas Cameron had nothing to do with it and Clegg simply likes to speak Dutch.

Clegg's Dutch is
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote