MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - How to generate my own power?

View Single Post

Old 03-21-2005, 11:30 PM   #1
country flag erik-the-red

erik-the-red is a splendid one to beholderik-the-red is a splendid one to beholderik-the-red is a splendid one to beholderik-the-red is a splendid one to beholderik-the-red is a splendid one to beholderik-the-red is a splendid one to beholderik-the-red is a splendid one to behold
Default How to generate my own power?

I played a match at practice today and I lost 6-7 (4).

My opponent wasn't moonballing my shots back (ie. topsin); he was slicing them all back, with backspin.

I tried my best to move him, even though initially I was just hitting them towards the middle. My heart played a factor in the match outcome, but I feel what cost me the match was the fact that I couldn't finish the points. I couldn't generate my own power.

I'm currently still working out about three times a week. Compared to last year, I definitely feel that my shots and serves are harder and faster.

But, what else can I add to my routine that can help me generate my own power? If my opponents actually give me pace, then I can take the shots on the rise and return them with most of their pace back and some of my own. That's what a counter-pouncher does. But, if I get no pace, then I can't create pace.
erik-the-red is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote