MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Tennis Tipping - Indian Wells - Congrats to Crvena Zvezda & Crvena Zvezda/molosztash

View Single Post

Old 03-08-2013, 02:38 PM   #706
country flag justafanYYC

justafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Tipping - Indian Wells - Friday OOP Posted - Post 666

Just going to address one last thing.

It's easy to say, "can't the managers use discretion and just transfer picks?" but if that has to be done for many players it will take hours. This has been proven in US Open and Australian Open. Managers would have to check who sent to who, PM each other, search through 128 picks to find the one the other manager didn't get and you all know how slow MTF can be sometimes. It's not like managers are on the phone with each other or face to face in person. I don't know about AdeyC but it takes me at least 3 hours to transfer 128 PMs into 128 columns of a spreadsheet. I don't need to be spending more hours when it's much easier for players to just add in one extra name in the TO: area. The deadline for IW is at noon. I would like to post differences quickly so I an go eat and get back to work! (even on a Friday )

Penalty is harsh but warnings don't work. This is the case with everything from sending wrong names, sending only 15 matches instead of 16, sending 1 minute late, sending to partner but not manager etc.... It's just too much work for the manager to make corrections, work out lucky losers and modify the draw and get differences out immediately.
2013 CH Yeongwol (outdoor hard)
2011 CH Samarkand (outdoor clay)

Doubles: 45
Championships:
2013 Masters 1000 Montreal (w/joe87) (outdoor hard)
2014 ATP 250 Casablanca (w/joe87) (outdoor clay)
2012 Special Olympic Tournament London (w/traddles) (outdoor grass)
justafanYYC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote