MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Post Pics of Tennis players with their girlfriends or wives

View Single Post

Old 03-03-2013, 11:35 PM   #2323
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post Pics of Tennis players with their girlfriends or wives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophitia36 View Post
I did not EQUATE Asian women to children either. Since you're a great reader you should be able to see the difference between saying that Asian women are perceived as childlike in the eye of Westerners, and saying they "are children". What I mean by the culture in Asia encouraging women to act more "childish" to be attractive, is true from a Western point of view. It's true that I did not make that clear in that particular sentence.
Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavo Kuerten View Post
I'll never get the appeal of Asian women. Bodies of a 12 year old.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophitia36 View Post
Well, that is the appeal, precisely... child-women. She does indeed have a very thin body with no curves, apart from big breasts (which is kind of unusual, most of the time they have thin bodies and small breasts).

Anyway, not all of them are child-like. I definitely get the appeal of women like Gong Li or Michelle Yeoh.
Saying that Asian women are child-like is one step removed from saying we look like children.

Quote:
Basically, I'm just trying to try and explain what goes on in Westerners' minds. People seem to misunderstand me and claim I'm racist or biased or trying to say some women are not "real women" or whatever. I'm not. I'm just trying to explain why some people perceive things in a certain way.
No, please, just stop. You're not an authority on anything. You can't make broad generalisations like this: there is no one "Western" perception of Asian women. Is there a need to explain why people like GK think that women like Fiasco's girlfriend has a body of a 12-year-old when it's clearly his own personal taste? It was bad enough that he made a broad generalisation, and you had to make it worse by coming up with your bullshit thesis that is, again, full of generalisations that perpetuate stereotypes.

Quote:
Of course it's easier to dismiss them by saying they're just racist, biased, and that what they believe is completely irrational with no basis whatsoever.
But you use the terms "racist" and "stereotypes" as if they were self-evident, and I'm telling you, those matters are far more complex. I am interested in trying to understand how they work, that's all. Well, anyway, sorry for trying to bring up those discussions on a tennis forum. My mistake.
Your mistake was using offensive terms and still failing to see how your initial post was offensive. And I'm sorry if I'm not at all interested in understanding bullshit stereotypes that racist Westerners have of us Asian women.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote