MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Is the world getting better?

View Single Post

Old 03-02-2013, 12:01 PM   #38
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is the world getting better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPower View Post
Sure thing. USA will go down from their previous position as superpower. I guess some people will be happy about that thinking China is a more kind ruler and a better "world police". Many people rooted for the Soviets and communism during the cold war too.
Is China even interested to police the world? However they are rich/powerful, I find that pretty hard to imagine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
It is estimated that 20% of the population of Mauritania is enslaved. Slaves are often given as wedding gifts. But wait, it is because of the interpretation of Shariah law by the Muslim clerics that slavery flourishes..
Therefore it is a religious thing and we must respect that.
And more, a Mauritanian sheikh is Vice President of the UN Human Rights Council. So slavery must be a human right, right?
What do you propose? After the recent revolution, some of the countries seem to be even bigger mess than before.
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote