MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Rising Francesco vol. 18 - Betty on her way to 100k posts

View Single Post

Old 03-01-2013, 07:10 PM   #1353
country flag Eden
# Support the Swiss

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rising Francesco vol. 18 - open for posters who took a break

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
Well, it's a fact Roger loses now matches he wouldn't have lost 2 years ago.
In 2010 he lost to Tomas and Marcos after having MPs. Those losses cost him to break Pete's #1 week record earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
So a bit of the bashing is even justified. With my "it didn't change much" I only meant, there were the usual tard camps, but I was surprised that there were so few "Roger, please retire instantly" posts. There were many posts that said: "it's a pain to see him play like that", but compared to the year when he only had the Cañas losses, there were few postings telling him to retire instantly.
It's mainly the same as in every thread when Roger loses: People talk about his decline. There are always people who want him to retire once he loses a match.

How many % of the people in the thread care about Tomas? Not many. The most important thing is that Roger lost.

It's surely a great achievement for Tomas to win against Roger but it's up to him to prove in the final now that he can win against topplayers back to back.

In the end titles count for players and not the H2H against opponents.

There seems to be a real hype about the H2H between Roger and Tomas. Yes, it's a very intense match-up for sure and Tomas has the upper hand in some of the matches lately but most of the matches have been close and could have gone either way.
Eden is offline View My Blog!