MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Jack Sock

Thread: Jack Sock
View Single Post

Old 02-21-2013, 01:44 PM   #284
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jack Sock

Sock Outserves Raonic In Memphis Upset; Hewitt Saves 2 M.P. : http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Ten...tt-Raonic.aspx

Quote:
Wild card Jack Sock posted the biggest match win of his career on Wednesday evening, ousting second-seeded Milos Raonic 6-3, 5-7, 7-5 at the U.S. National Indoor Tennis Championships in Memphis.

“It feels good to get my first singles win of the year,” said Sock. “I had an unfortunate ankle roll in Australia so this is big for me to get some confidence and momentum, not only for this week, but the tournaments coming up. To get my career-high win is obviously big for me.”

Sock converted his second break of the match to move ahead 6-5 in the third set, and served out a close game to clinch the upset over the 14th-ranked Canadian in two hours and 10 minutes. The 20-year-old American saved eight of the nine break points he faced to set a second-round clash with James Blake.

“I watched him and Andy when I was coming up,” Sock reflected. “I played doubles with him this week and he's a good friend. It will be a fun match, but once we get out there, it will be another battle. May the best guy come out on top.”

Raonic ended a six-match win streak, having led Canada through to the Davis Cup World Group quarter-finals before winning his third consecutive SAP Open title in San Jose last weekend. He had reached the final in Memphis the past two years.

“He was doing a few things well,” said Raonic. “He was hitting his forehand well. I just wasn't getting in the right position. I was giving away too many sloppy points.”

Tennis Account: https://twitter.com/ARhyneMoment
Youtube Channel: youtube.com/SapELee485
Rhyne's Picture Thread
Rhyne Williams FB Updates
SapELee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote