MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - David News & Articles

View Single Post

Old 02-16-2013, 11:47 PM   #3582
country flag Stephan

Stephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: David News & Articles

Nalbandian exceeds expectations and achieves unprecedented
in Brazil Open Final 2013

Mumbai, January 16 - David Nalbandian arrived in Sao Paulo out of the limelight.
At age 31, without playing a single tournament for 6 months and almost outside the
top 100, its current phase does not entitle him as favorite. However, all it took
was one week playing at a high level - especially in thrilling victory over three-time
champion Nicolas Almagro - to exceed all expectations, including the tennis itself.
"If I were told on Monday that I would arrive at the end, would find it very strange."
For a Ibirapuera Gymnasium with maximum capacity again, the former top 3 in the
world to beat Italian Simone Bolelli with partial 6/3 7/5, going into the history
of Brazil Open as 4th Argentine to play in the decision of ATP Brazil, after
Guillermo Coria (2002), Agustin Calleri (2004) and Guillermo Cañas (2007),
this is the only tennis player from Buenos Aires to join the gallery of champions.
The first finalist for the 2013 Brazil Open says start the game without oscillations,
steady on serve and breaks early in the second game of the match was essential
to take the first step towards decision, scheduled for this Sunday at 13h, while
the doubles final open programming from 11am.
"I had a very good start in the first set, got two quick breaks. In the second set,
I started back in part, lowered the level a bit, but I managed to break back and
keep me focused on my game until the end of the match, "said the current world
number 93, who this week also won the Chilean Jorge Aguilar, the Argentine Guido
Pella and Spaniard Nicolas Almagro.

Regarding the preference for face a lucky loser, as Martin Alund, or the 2005
champion, Rafael Nadal, Nalbandian said that both are complicated rivals to beat.
"I do not pick opponents. Whoever wins the other semifinal certainly arrive in
good condition for a title shot. I think I'll have to play our best and be better
prepared if I want to beat Nadal or Alund, "he said Nalbandian.
Stephan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote