MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - the "please don't get drawn against fed or andy" indian wells thread

View Single Post

Old 03-14-2005, 05:07 AM   #69
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the "please don't get drawn against fed or andy" indian wells thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpletennis
it's not his serve percentage that's the only problem, i think mardy has to work on getting more consistent. he came up with some really nice shots, so it's possible for him to be consistent. it just sucks that mardy has to play fed. he hasn't gotten past the second round at all this year
What all this year? he hasn't gotten past the 2nd round since the OLYMPICS.

I've seen Mardy play enough to believe that his first serve % is almost singularly determinative of how he plays. It's scary, actually. There are definitely other factors and other problems with his game, but when his first serve % is high, the rest of his game is there, and vice versa. It happens much too often to be coincidental.

but on a positive note! Flake win 3-6 7-6(0) 6-2!!!!! Mardy lost his serve like the first 4 times he served but once they settled down they did great. Go Flake!

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote