MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - David News & Articles

View Single Post

Old 02-15-2013, 10:11 PM   #3580
country flag Stephan

Stephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: David News & Articles

15/02/2013 às 20h39
Em grande jogo, Nalbandian supera 28 aces de Almagro e elimina tricampeão

São Paulo, 15 de fevereiro de 2013- The largest Open champion Brazil will not get the fourth title in 2013. On Friday, the crowd filled the Ibirapuera Gymnasium and cheered each point of the big game between the Spaniard Nicolas Almagro, three-time champion, and Argentine David Nalbandian, who returns from injury after more than five months. In court, the second-seeded fired 28 aces, but he was beaten by 7/6 (5) 3/6 7/6 (3).

Since August 2012, Nalbandian played only doubles in Davis Cup for Argentina two weeks ago, and returned to simple disputes in Sao Paulo. 93 of the world today, the Argentine said his view on the 11th of ATP. "It was a very tight match, Almagro is a big drawer. I think I played well in the important moments, as the two tiebreaks. When I'm more or less can play well against this type of player, "said former world number 3.

In the first set, Nalbandian won a break of serve in the fifth game, but then lost the service. Even with 12 aces in part,
Almagro was beaten by 7/5 in the tiebreak. Conveniently, Nalbandian squandered two break points in the third game and was broken in the eighth game. Then Almagro confirmed the zero game and forced the third set under applause of the public who wanted more game.

The deciding set was full of big plays and only Spanish had chances to break. Nalbandian saved two break points in the 10th game and two more in the 12th, forcing the tiebreak. Almagro took a mini break on the first point, after a long exchange of passes, but lost the advantage on a forehand winner in the Argentine parallel. After a deixadinha then good volley, Nalbandian abused the big returns, again had a mini break and took the first match point, ending a string of nine wins Open de Almagro in Brazil.

"It was a really tough game, David is very talented, one of the greatest of world tennis. I believe in tiebreaks he played better than me and deserved to win, "admitted the Spaniard, agreeing with Nalbandian. On Saturday, Nalbandian faces Italian Simone Bolelli from 16 hours in search of a place in the decision. The duel is unprecedented in world circuit.
Stephan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote