MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Brian Baker

Thread: Brian Baker
View Single Post

Old 02-14-2013, 10:59 PM   #208
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brian Baker

ATP - Brian Baker says knee is getting better

Quote:
27 year old American Brian Baker is continuing his rehab from knee surgery which he underwent last month after injuring his knee at the Australian Open.

The 27 year od Baker was one of the more memorable stories of the 2012 season as he rebounded from five surgeries in six years to break into the top 100. But bad luck struck again in Melbourne where he injured his knee.

Baker is blogging for USA Today while he does his rehab and in his latest blog, he spoke about how his rehab is going.

Rehab is taking a big chunk of time out of my days. I have been leaving my house around 8:30 every morning (weekdays) and not getting home until about noon. Since I am used to being very active, I've actually enjoyed getting out of the house for several hours each morning. I'm still limited with what I can do with my knee, but I have been amping up my upper-body and core workouts. It's amazing how quickly your conditioning vanishes when you stop working out. I thought I did a fairly moderate upper body workout on Monday which consisted of bench press, pull-ups, dips, biceps curls, push-ups, and various shoulder exercises. To my surprise, I'm still quite sore! I figured that I wouldn't have lost that much muscle endurance from taking four weeks off. I guess it proves that it takes a lot longer to get in shape than to lose it.

The toughest part of my rehab each day occurs at the beginning and end of each session. During these times, my therapist works on my knee extension. After surgery, the knee joint tends to get tight due to the excess fluid, and this makes getting full extension a struggle. Although it's extremely painful, I can already see the improvement, and my knee feels better.

Tennis Account: https://twitter.com/ARhyneMoment
Youtube Channel: youtube.com/SapELee485
Rhyne's Picture Thread
Rhyne Williams FB Updates
SapELee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote