MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Your ideal Olympic Games

View Single Post

Old 02-13-2013, 11:05 PM   #29
country flag Vinceremo

Vinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Your ideal Olympic Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Wrestling dropped from the 2020 Olympics.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireSto...mpics-18473870

There's still a small chance it remains in OG.

But dropping wrestling would really suck. I think it's an Olympic sport at its purest. Instead we have nowadays sports like tennis, golf, and road cycling in OG that don't dive a shit about OG. But IOC thinks only about mon€y.
Unbelievable. Golf

and what you say about money is true, sadly wrestling generates probably 1% of the money that golf can for example. hell, even less. Huge disappointment, was fearing it and seeing it coming but somehow never thought it would materialize. I'm thinking the aspect of the facilities also have something to do with this, there's only limited time to use them during the 2 weeks between so many disciplines along with wrestling: fencing, boxing (when it doesn't get it's own area), judo, gymnastics, taekwondo, and even handball and probably some more that i don't remember right now, all using the same arena. Just imagine how painful it must be to do the scheduling and coordination for those events using the same space, plus always taking into account that combat disciplines have so many weight classes and use up a huge amount of time... it's a very sad reality to take into account, not just money.

I wish something could be done to stop it, but it's mission impossible. one of the originals from the ancient OGs being gone. what a travesty.
Vinceremo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote