MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Choosing A Racket (Help Needed!)

View Single Post

Old 03-12-2005, 03:02 PM   #8
country flag Domino

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Choosing A Racket (Help Needed!)

Find your style, and then find the racquet that will help emulate your style. For instance, If you like to serve and volley, the Wilson Prostaffs give you a lot of punch on the volleys with their weight. Likewise, a strong baseliner would want a lighter racquet, but the varying amount of spin used requires a different type. Flat hitters will like the Dunlop, while the power hitters will like head or babolat. Skilled spin practicioners will like the prince racquets. Of course, each brand makes racquets for every style, but I find the brands mentioned tend to make racquets better suited for the mentioned style of play. Then again, you can adapt any racquet to any style of play, it's all up to the player, really, not the racquet.

I use a wilson prostaff 6.1, f.y.i