MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - ˇˇVina del Mar!! Rafa Falls to a deserving Zeballos

View Single Post

Old 02-09-2013, 03:06 PM   #61
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ˇˇVina del Mar!! Gimeno-Traver up next! Not before 6 p.m.

Quote:
Nadal Beats Gimeno-Traver For SF Berth; Chardy Up Next by ATP Staff
Vina del Mar, Chile

"Today I had more confidence than the other days," said Nadal. "That is positive. It gives me confidence, and reasons to believe that I'm on the right way. I'm happy to win in singles against a tough opponent like Dani and to reach the semi-finals after seven months.

"In this tournament I had a good feeling. The crowd gave me their support all the time. It helps a lot when you come with a bad feeling."

Nadal broke Gimeno-Traver three times and wiped away four break points against his serve in the final game of the match to wrap up the quarter-final victory in 84 minutes.
http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Ten...-Zeballos.aspx

Quote:
Monaco/Nadal To Play For Vina Del Mar Title

Juan Monaco and Rafael Nadal advanced to the VTR Open final on Friday, defeating Carlos Berlocq and Leonardo Mayer 6-3, 6-4 in Vina del Mar. Monaco and Nadal broke the Argentine pair once in each set to seal the win in 76 minutes.

For the title, the Argentine/Spanish duo play Paolo Lorenzi and Potito Starace. The Italians rallied for a 5-7, 6-3, 11-9 victory over Andrey Kuznetsov and Andre Sa.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Ten...eb-Friday.aspx

People, we cannot expect Rafa to be at his best in the first tournament back after such a long injury break. I just hope for a good clay court season and the RG title. Last year final vs Djokovic I honestly sensed something wasn't quite right but he's won RG on one leg before so fingers crossed.