MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Vina del Mar R2: Nadal trolls Delbonis in his comeback 6-3, 6-2

View Single Post

Old 02-06-2013, 11:34 PM   #54
country flag redshift36188

redshift36188 has a reputation beyond reputeredshift36188 has a reputation beyond reputeredshift36188 has a reputation beyond reputeredshift36188 has a reputation beyond reputeredshift36188 has a reputation beyond reputeredshift36188 has a reputation beyond reputeredshift36188 has a reputation beyond reputeredshift36188 has a reputation beyond reputeredshift36188 has a reputation beyond reputeredshift36188 has a reputation beyond reputeredshift36188 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vina del Mar R2: Nadal trolls Delbonis in his comeback 6-3, 6-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshift36188
Nadull is playing better tennis in this 2nd set than he did during most of his career.
Nah, Rafa isn't actually very sharp today, leaking quite a lot cheap UEs that he usually wouldn't. Del Bonis just can't put him under any pressure. Looking at the draw, the only potentially interesting match Nadal could have here is vs Chardy. When 'on, Chardy's forehand is one of the biggest weapons in tennis, even if not at his best he would still test Rafa's movement and sharpness far more than anyone else in the draw.
I meant the way he was playing, more varied and more aggressive. I think he tried to shorten the points. Part of the UEs were due to that, the other part obviously was due to lack of competition. If his knees don't bother him much, we could be in for a couple of platinum years (banking on Tsonga being more competitive as well).
Originally Posted by redshift36188 View Post
Peak Kei can beat a good Nole. The gap between their best is very small.

Candidate for a post of the year. Signature material.
redshift36188 is offline View My Blog!