MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Has Djokovic surpassed Stefan Edberg and/or Boris Becker?

View Single Post

Old 02-05-2013, 01:08 AM   #271
country flag Hewitt =Legend

Hewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has Djokovic surpassed Stefan Edberg and/or Boris Becker?

You can pretty much link this thread question back to the "can't compare eras debate". There is absolutely no question that Djokovic is a modern day great but his achievements and accolades cannot really be compared to that of Edberg's and Becker's because they played in completely different conditions and with an insane difference in racquet technology.

Caesar is correct when he states that it is easier to accumulate one's slam count in today's contemporary conditions. No variety in surfaces = easier to dominate all 4 slams, thus increasing a players slam count significantly.

Like Federer said a while back, I think it is enough to be considered a "legend" of your own era that you played in. And that is what Nole will be when all is said and done. Trying to compare players achievements from differing era's is extremely debatable with no definitive answer.

Ol' Rusty Hewitt - Keeping me moist since 1998.

B-Nard4Lyfe.

BoGaNtiLIdiE.
Hewitt =Legend is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote