MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Best football league in the world?

View Single Post

Old 02-04-2013, 10:52 PM   #10
country flag Vinceremo

Vinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best football league in the world?

I'm going to sound biased, but I think Serie A deserves more credit than what it gets. IMO (not only my opinion though, clearly, this comes off many players, coaches, etc) it's the most difficult league out of them all. probably not the place where the best football is played if we are very strict with the judging (Premier League and Bundesliga could edge in that department), but every match against every team is as tough as it gets... Genoa, seeing things from the lowest part of the tournament, having quite high chances to go back to Serie B this season just took 4 points off Juve and Lazio and it doesn't come as a huge surprise / isn't big news because that does happen frequently. Imagine if something similar happens in Spain to Madrid or Barca, to use an example..

so, probably not 'the BEST', but it's up there in competitiveness/toughness. it's a shame the performance of italian clubs in european competitions have been decreasing the last few years, it has certainly affected the league's reputation, with a big economic impact not to mention all the scandals to add it up.
Vinceremo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote