MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Best football league in the world?

View Single Post

Old 02-04-2013, 10:48 PM   #9
country flag nazzac

nazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best football league in the world?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BauerAlmeida View Post
Depends on what you consider the "best". For example, in terms of competitiveness la Liga can't rank very high since it's pretty much a 2 team tournament (this season Atletico Madrid is doing great, but Barcelona still has a good lead). But those 2 are among the 3 or 4 best teams in the world. Premier League and Serie A has declined a bit, a few years ago the Premier League had four teams (Liverpool, Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea) making deep runs in the Champions League and an all-english final in 2008 and the league was competitive too (all of them were champions in the last decade except for Liverpool). Now those teams declined and are very inconsistent (Chelsea won the CL and then couldn't make it to the knockout stage). Calciopoli hurt Serie A, Juve just recovered last season, Milan have been very inconsistent and it was all Inter for a while. Bundesliga wasn't at the level of those 3 but lately there were some teams playing great football and making good runs in European competitions, Bayer, Borussia, Schalke.

I guess it's the premier league if I have to pick one. Great matches, there's room for upsets and a good amount of teams competing for the title.
Weighing up everything is what i meant. So, excitment, teams, how it's run etc...

As for the bold, so does the Bundesliga

Del Potro-Nishikori-Brands-Paire-Wawrinka-Sampras-Llodra-Safin-Falla
nazzac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote