MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Davis Cup

Thread: Davis Cup
View Single Post

Old 02-04-2013, 05:27 PM   #642
country flag mayumashu

mayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond reputemayumashu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Davis Cup

I've heard it from a few different people that we host Italy but how can it be decided (drawing lots) so soon? Assuming we do, it will be virtually duplicate circumstances. Their singles players prefer clay and rank in the 40s through 80s and they have a top ranking doubles team.

I doubt Frank will play with the same magic, but he can still win even if he plays at his usual level but up a notch or two higher, given the importance of the occasion (but not five or six!). Milos should even more handily beat Fognini and Lorzeni (or whomever). Selection will be really tricky - who gets left out amongst Jesse, Frank, and Vasek. I guess it depends on results till then, but you can't pick two guys just for doubles in our case. If Vasek isn't going well, I'd play Frank in the first singles and doubles, and then Jesse in the final singles. (It was only a dead rubber and maybe 'cause it was a dead rubber, but Frank was nowhere's near where he was on Friday). You could, though it was would politically impossible, to not pick Daniel, to give more options in the No. 2 singles, but I don't think Frank and Vasek, for example, would together play any better. Not selecting Jesse where he may very well be ranked 30 or 40 points ahead of the other two, and is waiting in the wings, would be hard, but his is very much a case of jumping on the bandwagon.

I guess in the end, if guys are playing on tour as they are now, that its of case of not breaking what ain't broke and selecting the exact same squad.
mayumashu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote