MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Q&A With Mark Lenders.

View Single Post

Old 02-03-2013, 11:32 PM   #482
country flag nazzac

nazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond reputenazzac has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Q&A With Mark Lenders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
I think they should stay too. Dortmund are a real club with a great project going on. If FFP kicks in, the Bundesliga will leave the rest of Europe far behind, being the only league with virtually no debt. I doubt it will kick in seriously though.

I haven't been watching much of the Premier League this season either, only a few games here and there. Its excitement is way overrated, I fully agree. Gotta give those responsible for PL marketing their due credit though, they certainly do a great job hyping the league to unwarranted extents

Hmm in normal conditions I'd say Delpo wins everywhere, it's a bad matchup for Tsonga. In fact, Delpo is a bad matchup for other big hitters in general. Unlike Soderling or Berdych though, I think Tsonga has the right skillset to beat Delpo if he's playing really well: he has a great serve and can avoid rallies by going to the net and finishing points off. Those two often get routined because they can't avoid getting locked into power rallies with Delpo, where the latter inevitably wins. With that said, I'll give Tsonga the edge at Wimbledon where his weapons work the best, Del Potro at the other three Slams. But even at Wimbledon Tsonga really needs to be on his game to win: it's not an almost unsurmountable matchup issue like it is for Soderling for instance, but he needs to be 'on' to defeat Delpo.
I always get into league debates with friends . It's funny when these people say that The Bundesliga & La Liga are bad, but they haven't watched these leagues. It's good to see that someone agrees with me for a change . The EPL is the most marketed league, and most popular league, but that doesn't equal the best i'm afraid. If you take all factors into consideration, then you see that it isn't the best at all.

I think Jo's key in a match against Del Po is his serve, and the volleys. He won't be able to match Del Po in power rallies, so will have to play first strike tennis. I would love for it to be a grand slam final, but thats not going to happen unfortunately. I'd say Del Po on all except Wimbledon, where Tsonga might get the win.

Del Potro-Nishikori-Brands-Paire-Wawrinka-Sampras-Llodra-Safin-Falla
nazzac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote