MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - What Racquet do you use?

View Single Post

Old 02-02-2013, 06:53 AM   #87
country flag NID

NID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What Racquet do you use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasMC View Post
I look for racquets with the best feel, touch and control and I don't look for racquets built for power, not because I don't want power but because the racquets designed to give you power are bad for your arm. I get power by using a more elastic string with a lower tension and I use a flexible racquet with a head light balance. These racquets are typically "recommended" for higher level players but if you are not a higher level player why should you use a racquet that is hard on your arm? I saw a website that lists their top ten arm-friendly racquets and strings and explains the criteria for it in detail http://tenniselbowracquet.com/tennis-racquets
not sure how this whole flex thing relates to arm friendliness. played with some racquets that are like 53 and had problems, now with 68 and no problems at all. unless you are a pro, you are hitting off center or framing occasionally, so i'd say that torsional stability is more important.
i even string with a fairly soft poly and works OK, whereas not even multifilaments saved me while playing with a low flex racquet, which was even heavier. go figure.
try some before you buy.
NID is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote