MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Djokovic: "The same Slams as Edberg and Becker? I got shivers..."

View Single Post

Old 02-01-2013, 08:42 PM   #135
country flag Honestly

Honestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Djokovic: "The same Slams as Edberg and Becker? I got shivers..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishnet View Post
The problem is that today's era is even weaker...
Dunno about that. This era is pretty string too. You have Djokovic and Murray at their peaks and Roger still playing near peak level if not at peak level. Then you got Nadal as well who is a bit of a question mark at this point but I'm sure he will come back strong in the clay season. Then you have the likes of Berdych, Tsonga, and Delpo too. I'd day it's pretty strong. 2004-2007 was very strong too because you had the GOAT and the clay GOAT in their peaks. They were simply unstoppable and no one else stood a chance. Hence it looked like the rest of the field was weak. Take away Fedal and guys like Roddick, Hewitt, and Safin could have been all time greats.
302 weeks at #1
7 Wimbledon titles
10 consecutive slam F, 23 consecutive slam SF, 36 consecutive slam QF
3/4 slam titles on 3 occasions, 4/4 slam finals on 3 occasions
4 consecutive Laureus sportsman of the year awards
Proving the haters wrong...priceless
Honestly is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote