MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Rafael Nadal Injury/Health Update Thread : Nadal confirmed for Viña del Mar

View Single Post

Old 02-01-2013, 06:46 PM   #1211
country flag Roy Emerson

Roy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafael Nadal Injury/Health Update Thread : Nadal confirmed for Viña del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BauerAlmeida View Post
Nadal completed his career GS profiting from the absence of the defending champion who demolished him in that same tournament the year before.

So it would be the same for the 3 of them.
Agree.

The three Career Slam winners of this era would end up achieving it without playing the defending champ who beat them there the previous year. I think Nadal won't reach Djokovic at RG. I suspect Nadal will lose early there, R16? Federer avoided Nadal and Nadal avoided Del Potro.

Agassi beat Moya in 1999 though. Agassi's Career Slam is the most impressive because of the diversity of the surfaces in the 1990s.

http://www.thehindu.com/sport/tennis...cle4360021.ece
Quote:

I don’t think he necessarily needs time to be Nadal, but I think he needs some time for the other players to think of him as the old Nadal, because I think players lose a lot of respect: not respect for him as a person, but respect for his level,” Mats Wilander told DPA.

The Swede, a three-time French Open winner, is sure that even if his name is Rafael Nadal, “he’s still an outsider” in Paris this year, with Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray and Federer the men to beat.

“This is the year of and Novak and Andy’s chance to win the French, and Roger’s already won it, but it’s obviously his chance too,” Wilander said.

Last edited by Roy Emerson : 02-01-2013 at 06:58 PM.
Roy Emerson is offline View My Blog!