MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Doping in Tennis Thread (No accusations without proof. Wada could test using hair)

View Single Post

Old 02-01-2013, 11:07 AM   #862
country flag philosophicalarf

philosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Doping in Tennis Thread (No accusations without proof)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
On a related issue - I'm assuming these top athletes on Fuentes' client list are not all from Spain? So the 40-odd tennis players could be from a whole bunch of different countries??
Must be. A lot of foreigners train or are based in Europe anyway, and there aren't enough top Spanish players to make up that number.

The footballers seem to be largely at Spanish clubs though. One Fuentes interview with Le Monde:

"I worked with Spanish first and second division clubs ... I worked with several at the same time, sometimes directly with the players, sometimes by sharing my knowledge with clubs' doctors. I also had an offer from an Italian club but I turned it down."

He wouldn't give details though, said he'd had death threats.

About 10 years back he was the head doctor for the Las Palmas club. After one match a crapload of EPO syringes were found in their dressing room :-)

This being Spain, nothing at all happened, to him, the club, or the players.
philosophicalarf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote