Re: Davis Cup
Originally Posted by sdmartin
Just noticed the draw is out for the weekend. See: http://www.tenniscanada.com/index.ph...EKEND&pid=4361
A few big surprises:
1. Spain picks Ramos over GGL for Friday against Milos. I know Ramos is ranked higher, but he's a classic clay court guy where GGL can play on hard quite well. Not sure why they did that - maybe its just for 1st round & GGL will be switched for reverse singles?
2. GGL is in doubles with Granollers. What? Is Lopez hurt?
3. Finally, Milos vs. Granollers is the last match on Sunday. That's got to be a mistake right? Isn't the first match on Sunday always #1 vs. #1?
1. I would say that Ramos and GGL are pretty even on a HC.
2. I don't know where you got that from, cause Marc is playing the dubs, maybe you got them confused cause they both have Lopez in their names.
Interesting to note that Spain's dubs team are both right handed, when most good dubs teams have a righty and a lefty.
Best TT singles rank: 24
Best TT doubles rank: 76
TT stats site: http://mtftt.info/
Melzer, Rafa, Fognini, Murray, Pospisil, Ferrer, Haas, Dolgopolov, Almagro, Janowicz, Kohlschreiber, plus a lot more, mostly, if not all clay courters.
Last edited by J99 : 02-01-2013 at 12:57 AM.