MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Who will win the 2013 Davis Cup and Draw Dicussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 01-31-2013, 10:47 AM   #111
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who will win the 2013 Davis Cup and Draw Dicussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Check DC rules pages 24-25.

For all Ties in the World Group and Zonal Group I the court surface must be of a type used in a GS Tournament or in a minimum of three tournaments in men's pro tour held in the year previous to the tie.

And pro tour event must have a prize money of $350,000, meaning it's an ATP World Tour event, not a Challenger.

So, allowed surfaces in World Group and Group I are hardcourt, clay, and grass, but not carpet. And, Taraflex is classified as carpet. So that's probably the reason for not allowing the use of it. Which really sucks.

Btw, in Group II, Poland seems to have used carpet a lot. (Click Team Win/Loss)
thank you, that probably explains why the USA and Czech Republic when receiving Spain could not use carpet as the French did, if this rule was already in use

in the old time, it was a matter of having enough tournaments played in the country on that surface.

I was so surprised when I saw that the surface the USA did receive Spain on, was not really fast The Spaniards had whined so much before the tie, maybe they got what they wanted then.

I remember the old DC ties played on wood
duong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote