MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Who will win the 2013 Davis Cup and Draw Dicussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 01-31-2013, 10:37 AM   #109
country flag August

August has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who will win the 2013 Davis Cup and Draw Dicussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
In Tennis Alternative's interview of the Polish team, the Poles say that they were forbidden by the ITF to play on Taraflex.

The French played against Spain in 2010 on Taraflex, but I haven't heard of any other tie played on that surface (the usual version of "carpet" in the last decade) since then.

Does anybody know if the ITF's Taraflex ban is for all countries now or only for countries who never use it, even in futures ?
Check DC rules pages 24-25.

For all Ties in the World Group and Zonal Group I the court surface must be of a type used in a GS Tournament or in a minimum of three tournaments in men's pro tour held in the year previous to the tie.

And pro tour event must have a prize money of $350,000, meaning it's an ATP World Tour event, not a Challenger.

So, allowed surfaces in World Group and Group I are hardcourt, clay, and grass, but not carpet. And, Taraflex is classified as carpet. So that's probably the reason for not allowing the use of it. Which really sucks.

Btw, in Group II, Poland seems to have used carpet a lot. (Click Team Win/Loss)

Stan Wawrinka
The Saviour of Tennis
Australian Open 2014: Ended Nadal-Djokovic-Murray dominance in Slams
Monte Carlo 2014: Ended Nadal-Djokovic dominance in Masters
August is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote