MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - 1994-1996 : Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Halebian, Papa, Corinteli, McDonald, Donaldson, etc.

View Single Post

Old 01-30-2013, 10:26 AM   #751
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1994-1996 : Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Halebian, Papa, Corinteli, McDonald, Donaldson,

Quote:
Originally Posted by zumbazumba View Post
I have seen all the kids mentioned here many times, so I don t have to rely just on looking up the results.

Thai has a pretty big forehand, lately has been serving very well and in general is a well rounded player. He does have to become less of a headcase than he is now but even in that department he has made some progress in the last 6 months. I remember reading an article around last year s Orange Bowl and by his own admittance, Thai talked about the mental aspect of his game.

I know you like Papa but being a brainless ballbasher is more a description of his game. Papa certainly needs to learn to actually play tennis (something that Rubin is very good at). One-dimensional player with a very low tennis IQ, however, an unreal athlete and very strong. Needs a lot of work on the backhand side as well as serve, both first and second. I won t even comment on volleys, they are pathetic. Still, a lot of upside there, since once he does learn how to construct points, develops a little tennis IQ and manages his temper on the court, he will be a player.

Corinteli is the farthest thing from a ball basher, all around player with a very good net game (good at dubs, soft hands for a big guy), has a big first serve and a pretty nasty second serve kick but certainly needs to learn how to manage all the goods. Double faults often, goes for too much on the second.I have seen him play very good, at times brilliant tennis and at times, horrible, pathetic, including bad shot selection and decision making. Needs work on the forehand side. Overall, also has a lot of upside because of the size and strength.

Rubin does everything well, just about as well as he will ever. So pretty much he is playing at capacity. Not a natural volleyer, therefore a poor dubs player. I don t see him having much of an upside, since he is already playing at almost 100 percent of his ability.
Thanks for description of Luca's game. And yes I already know that Spencer is a ballbasher . I've seen his meltdown against Hiltzik. I have mentioned several times before that I don't mind BBB. Probably the reason why I liked him in the first place. I don't think he is head and shoulder above everyone but I have a habit of sticking with players that I like even if they are not good. I have different reasons for liking players and sometimes they don't even have anything to do with their game (as the case with JD).

Tennis Account: https://twitter.com/ARhyneMoment
Youtube Channel: youtube.com/SapELee485
Rhyne's Picture Thread
Rhyne Williams FB Updates

Last edited by SapELee : 01-30-2013 at 05:53 PM.
SapELee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote