MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - The Ferrer Model

View Single Post

Old 01-29-2013, 09:36 PM   #22
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Ferrer Model

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophitia36 View Post
I think duong thought you were yet another guy trying to imply that Ferrer was a one-dimensional, talentless workhorse
I did not understand your post in that way, but of course, in the current context, with all the Ferrer haters... you can understand why it can be understood in the wrong way!
no I know the Bulldog, and I know he's not a Ferrer-hater, but I'm just fed-up with his vision of Ferrer in some recent posts he said.

I disagree with it and am tired of it because even if it has a little part of truth, it's so caricatural that it prevents people from seeing many things which are also true.

As I said, I was very surprised when I made my file about H2Hs among top-players that Ferrer was the best for that stat after the top-4, much better than Nalbandian or Davydenko, and of course than Berdych or Tsonga.

Besides, it's not true either that Ferrer never loses to lower-ranked players, is never tired ... it may be truer in recent years because he's reached a superior level (but the same can be said of Federer ) but it's not the case overall in his carreer : he has many losses to lower-ranked players and has indeed a very good H2H against top-players.

When Berdych constantly reached Masters 1000 and grand slam quartefinals and constantly lost to higher-ranked players in 2011, nobody did even notice it, they are just so much in their prejudice
duong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote